Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Blognesia

Blognesia: when you have a blog that you sort of forget about for (checks watch) going on six months now.

A few of those months were spent not doing anything art related, aside from the occasional awful sketch. I'm starting to come back out of that again and I've done a few things that I'm willing to share with you, the person who accidentally ended up here while searching for a cannoli recipe.

In no particular order:

A commissioned tribute to my late uncle, Bernie:


A botanical print-inspired painting that I did for the cover of my work's writing publication that turned out to be quite popular, so I made prints of it:


A devotee of the 1991 version of Beauty and the Beast, I was hesitant to see the remake. Overall, I thought it was great, but the Beast's face really bothered me. I still can't put my finger on why. But I decided to draw the original version as sort of a "detox":

Finally, I've started a new series of food/animal mashups. I've started off with a snall that has a cinnamon roll shell:


I will, of course, color this eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment