Thursday, June 9, 2016

Eye for an Eye

...or in this case, eyes.

Several years ago, and for reasons now forgotten, I sculpted out of beach sand a likeness of my dear friend Scott. There had to have been a good reason for that as I don't normally going around building effigies of my friends.

Anyway...

Not long after that, Scott repaid the favor and built one of me when he and his family were at the beach. Well, yesterday, I find THIS in my Facebook newsfeed:



Yeah, I know... Me. Again! They got tired of waiting for me to build another Sand Scott, and went again and made ANOTHER Sand Sarah.

Well, I was raised better than to just leave such gestures unanswered so I did the only thing I could do in land-locked Ohio:


I had to strike while the iron was hot, so I cranked this out from start to finish in just one afternoon (and it shows). 

No comments:

Post a Comment