Sunday, July 5, 2015

Suddenly, An Elephant

I've made a mockery of my blog title by only posting about once a month. It's not because I haven't been working!

I have... ish.

February through early June was spent in the "my mom has lung cancer" funk, but I can't use that as an excuse anymore because it's gone (yay!). My motivation hasn't resurfaced. I lack any inspiration or creativity. As the kids are saying these days, I'm "meh." I think I'm getting less meh, though... Slowly.

So then there's this. A co-worker is having a baby boy and I'm doing this little guy for her little guy. I always feel pretty uncomfortable giving my artwork to people as a gift, though. It's an uncomfortable sort of itchy feeling of audacity that I never can quite shake.

This guy is going to be part of a bigger picture that includes the baby's name...


No comments:

Post a Comment