Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wherein I Rag On New England

Between the myriad of things I'm working on for other people right now, I manage to squeeze in something silly here and there...

I was born and raised 40 miles south of Pittsburgh. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, enthusiastic, vocal fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. And, as any good Steelers fan does, I also hate the New England Patriots on principle. Especially, their quarterback Tom Brady (patooey!).

Remember the opening of The Brady Bunch where all the Bradys are pictured in a nine square grid? My friend Ross suggested I draw a New England version of The Brady Bunch with our pal Tommy in the middle, surrounded by various bits of Patriot paraphernalia like the camera used to record other teams' practices, a flattened football, etc.

I started working on this today. I don't know if it'll go any further but I did get a pretty great picture of Sad Tom Brady out of it.  Sad Tom Brady is my favorite kind of Tom Brady.



No comments:

Post a Comment