Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Whining and General Nonsense

So... Nothing from me for, like, two weeks. Not good.

I'd crash Blogger's servers with the manifesto I'm capable of producing wherein I'd lay out my excuse in an intelligent and witty fashion so as to win you to my side.  Instead I'll just say this:  I've been in a sort of non-creative/distracted/discouraged gray cloud of funkitude in which visibility is drastically decreased. My first response to this is the very reason I had to start this blog in the first place: ignore it, don't work, and just stew about it/feel sorry for myself until I suddenly wake up again...

...except if I wait for myself to wake up again, I'll never get back to work. How's that Chuck Close quote go?

"Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work..."

And here I said I wasn't going to be overly verbose.  I'm done. 

So since the due date for yet another cover for my work's publication is on the horizon... I started on that tonight. Turns out it's the best thing I've drawn for quite awhile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment