Monday, October 6, 2014

Wherein I Trick Myself Into Doodling

I have actual projects to work on.  Actual work that people have hired me to do. Actual things that I have actually been assigned.

I can't actually find any motivation for any of it.

INSTEAD I doodle. And I only did that as an excuse to keep listening to alt-j's new album. If it wasn't for that I'd have long ago been reading in the bathtub.  Lucky for me, I'm easily obsessed by music and will drag out my time in front of the computer to continue listening to whatever it is I'm currently enamored by... with? Whatever the correct grammatical version of that is.

So this... I don't know what this is, really, other than a doodle that may or may not have the potential to turn into something more interesting.  I often find that when I sharpen up a doodle my opinion of it will change.  I think that I often love all of my tenuous timid lines but when that safety net is taken away so is my positive feelings about the drawing.

More than likely this was just something to get my hand and my brain talking to each other for a little while this evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment