Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Self-Fulfilling Word of the Day

Earlier today on Facebook, my friend Fred shared with me a recent Dictionary.com word of the day:

foofaraw

\ FOO-fuh-raw \  , noun;


1. a great fuss or disturbance about something very insignificant.


2. an excessive amount of decoration or ornamentation, as on a piece of clothing, a building, etc.

Remember that definition... you'll need it again.

He suggested I turn "foofaraw" into a drawing.  I've been starved for drawing ideas lately so I jumped on it.
My original intention was to use both definitions of the word in one picture.  I would draw a massively super big lasery cannony type of threatening weapon sort of thing that was squarely aimed at a little speck.  A detail bubble would show that the speck was actually a spider wearing Elton Johnian (Johnesque? Johncentric?) sunglasses, crazy boots, etc.  Next to the cannon would be an character of as-yet indeterminable type whose reaction was over the top considering the minuscule size of the spider/bug/whatever.

I got almost none of that accomplished.

What I did accomplish was the lasery sort of gun thing.  But I spent too much time on it and had no time left to get any of those other elements started.

Basically, what I did was turn the whole thing into a foofaraw.  Ah! Ah! See what I did there?!

Seriously, though... I just was too busy and spent too much time on one element to get any of that other junk done.  Makes for an amusing story, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment