Monday, June 2, 2014

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I've had in my head the idea for a particular illustration for several years now.  I've touched on it several times over the course of my keeping this blog but I still haven't quite landed on anything concrete.  It involves myself as a kid and the various activities surrounding my family's annual Fourth of July celebration - some of my favorite childhood memories.

I usually start to get nostalgic during this time of year and today I started picking 'round the edges of it again. 

It's sort of generic... it needs more character because, as my grandmother would so often say, I was "a piece of work."



Bonus: the picture I sorta kinda based this on... coincidentally, taken on a Fourth of July.  Check that 80's hair out, kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment