Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Repeat Customers

I've been informally asked to scribble my mess on yet another wall.  Some dear friends of mine are happily expecting their second daughter whose nursery is going to be ocean themed.  I've done two murals for these folks already - one of Puff the Magic Dragon at their old house and one of a tree in their daughter's room at their current house.  

What makes the tree mural so fun is the addition of Velcro so that its owner can stick whatever her creative little heart desires all over the branches.  She does a great job spiffing up my work and her parents think it'd be a fun idea to do something similarly alterable in her sister's room.  I agreed and suggested that we do something with bubbles so that images/pictures/whatever could then be attached to that space.

Here's what I came up with.


Since this will be my third mural for these particular friends, I've suggested the idea of a frequent customer punch card... maybe after the fourth or fifth they'll get a free painting of a sandwich or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment