Monday, May 12, 2014

Art Therapy

I love my job.

That statement isn't meant to be facetious.  I really do love my job.  I'm the receptionist at a continuing care senior community.  I enjoy working with senior citizens like some people like working with kids.  It brings me (and my residents, I hope) a lot of joy.

But...

Any job no matter how much one may like it or not, has those days... those days that leave you thoroughly misanthropic and wanting to hide in a dark cave until the end of time.

Today I had a dark-cave-until-the-end-of-time kind of day.

Rather than do something that may risk my employment being terminated, I channeled my frustrations into a drawing.  Now, I've attempted this in the past with little success but this one was actually a lot of fun and I find myself with a somewhat sunnier disposition having drawn it.



That spilling coffee, though... Entirely fictitious.  I would never sacrifice my beloved Gevalia Chocolate Mocha (in a Doctor Who travel mug!) at the hands of my own blind rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment