Thursday, April 24, 2014

Very Much Not Great

In what has seemingly become "a thing" with me lately, I've attempted to draw from a classical painting due to my lack of original ideas.  Today's victim is the Arnolfini Portrait by van Eyck.

I've always been strangely attracted to this painting.  It's part of the National Gallery's collection and I'm very much looking forward to geeking out in front of it during my trip to London in September. (Is that humble brag? Might be. Sorry.)

For today, though, I've attempted to draw just one of the figures.  Poorly.  Well... I didn't set a goal of poorly drawing her, only that's how it worked out.

As you can see by the ghosts of several attempts, her face didn't translate.  I intended to save it for last but become disillusioned with the thing as a whole so I just gave it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment