Thursday, April 10, 2014

Raphael on Repeat

I very much enjoyed my time spent drawing from the Raphael painting the other day.  It was a much-needed departure from the norm... so much so that I decided to do it again today!

Today I chose his Madonna of the Goldfinch.  I've always enjoyed the style of facial features that are typical of Renaissance art:  heavy lidded, cherubic mouth, sort of somber looking. I had intended to draw the entire head of this particular subject but tossed it early on in exchange for just a partial sketch.


Oh... a fun side note:  See that black dot right on the line of the lower eyelid?  I dropped a pen, tip down, RIGHT THERE.  Now, my high school art teacher would've tried to build up my character by telling me to "make something out of it" but I'm thirty-two years old and I'd rather just whine about it and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment