Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Hobbit:Revenge of Sarah

I like to think that I'm a relatively articulate person.  Just because I like to think that, however, doesn't make it true.  Sometimes (i.e. a lot) I just start talking without thinking and before I know it I've gone and said something that comes back to haunt me.

Case in point: While talking with friends about music the other night my words jumped out of my mouth in the form of "I'm, like, way into Elbow right now."  I died a little inside the instant I heard myself say it.  (By the way, Elbow is a, like, totally rockin' British indie band that I'm, like, way into right now.)

My friend Ross (who also has one of these new-fangled blog thingees) turned my momentary lack of articulation into an entire post wherein he reviewed an Elbow album.

You can read that blog post here.  Go ahead, I'll wait...

Done? Alright.  You may be wondering why that post (which really isn't that derogatory) might inspire me to exact revenge on my dear friend Ross.  I assure you that it's not just that post but the culmination of many, many, manymanymany things.  Things like reminding me of his hate for my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers; things like needling me for my enthusiasm for certain British actors with cumbersome names.

Reader, he has it coming.

But first, some back story... Ross is married to a lovely, intelligent woman named Alexis who is a fan of The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit.  Ross really doesn't like these two franchises.  Really.  I certainly like them but not to the point where I can map out the family trees of tertiary characters or anything.  My aforementioned enthusiasm for "certain British actors" has led me to be more than mildly interested in this latest installment (yet another teasing point).  But Ross just really, really dislikes Hobbits.

He dislikes them so much that I thought he'd like to be drawn as one.





No comments:

Post a Comment