Wednesday, February 5, 2014

That One Where I Stopped Counting Days...

I've recently contemplated putting a stop to adding a day number to my blog titles.  It served it's purpose for the 365+ days that I needed it but now I think it's time to cut it loose.

Here's me demonstrating reckless abandon, throwing proverbial caution to the wind and not numbering my blog post. ("I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel.")

Yesterday, the written word version of punching myself in the face to get myself to come 'round again was posted.  As promised, I drew today and, considering the all out terrible, awful, no good, very bad day that I had today... it's not bad!

Artist friends of mine have started a Facebook group wherein a theme is chosen and those involved complete a piece of work pertaining to that theme.  Our first theme is "tribal" so today I researched all manner of tribal headdresses, etc, and came up with this...

I intend to use it as a practice piece for the application of textures in Painter.  That's something I'm not proficient with and this will be a good drawing to practice on.


No comments:

Post a Comment