Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 464-ish - Texture Test

Since last Wednesday I haven't posted anything... this doesn't mean that I haven't been working.  I've been wading through various Painter tutorial videos, reading up on some things, practicing here and there and I did some alarmingly awful sketches while watching TV last night.

None of which you need to see.


Tonight, however, I decided that I wanted to attempt some manner of interesting background for my octopus that was drawn back in September.  I'm not sure if I'll stick with this or not but I wanted to try something with a little texture.  I tend to be very flat when I color things.


I'll get around to coloring the octopus, of course... I have to learn how to mask off parts of my drawing so that I can get a textured effect on there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment