Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 455 - Some Drawing... Mostly Whining

Christmas is over. New Years is over. My excuses for being lax in the drawing department? Over.

Currently, I find myself firmly planted in the midst of a dry spell.  I get these from time to time yet I never fail to become completely and utterly discouraged whenever it happens.

I haven't drawn anything that demonstrates any skill whatsoever for at least a week and thus begins the mental downward spiral that leaves me questioning everything I do.  Everyone is better than me.  I don't know what I'm doing. Why am I even trying? Etc, etc... It's the grown up version of a teenager's overly-dramatic Dear Diary crisis.

I'll be fine in a few days.

Until then the world is burning around me and I'm ready to throw all drawing implements within arms length into the inferno.

So! Moving on to what I actually drew today...

Josh, that Factory of Random that he is, suggested I try to draw Bigfoot on a bicycle in Belgium.  I thought I'd try it.  It wasn't good.  You don't get to see it.

So I came home and drew some arms instead... these are from the pages of one of my anatomy for artists books.  I also worked more on my Godzilla but I don't feel like posting that either.





No comments:

Post a Comment