Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 439 - White Elephant

Every year our group of friends has a White Elephant gift exchange.  Some peoples' White Elephant exchanges are polite and the gifts are nice... We don't have one of those.

Some of the gifts that have featured prominently in past years include adult-sized, sock monkey footie pajamas, a wooden woman's head with the name "Rosa" painted on the side, and a box of burnt out light bulbs.

A friend suggested yesterday that, in preparation for this evening's White Elephant Extravaganza, I draw an elephant surrounded by the more famous past gifts but I didn't have the time or mental energy to make that happen.

I did however draw an elephant today.  It's not really meant to visually represent anything other than an overly cute baby elephant but, since I didn't remember that last time I drew an elephant, I thought I'd give it a shot.



In case you're wondering, Josh and my contribution to this year's "celebration" include a "Seashells Playing Poker" sculpture made entirely out of shells, a recorder/flute that Josh found at work and a sheet of "Who's 30?!" stickers (complete with monkey in a birthday hat) from when I turned 30 two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment