Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 388 - I've Earned It

Ok, so here's the thing... I am burnt the heck out.  I've drawn every day for the last 388 days, I've been swimming (borderline drowning) in commissions for the last few weeks and I've determined  that I need to take a few days off.

And I'm not going to feel bad about it.

Technically speaking, I won't be taking the entire weekend off.  Tomorrow morning I'm painting a mural but after that I'm putting down the pencils, the brushes, the Wacom pen, until Monday.

To be honest, I'm sort of conflicted about this because, lately, the weekend is when I get a lot of my work done.  I've noticed, however, that I've been increasingly dull in the last two weeks or so.  I have very little creative energy and ZERO sense of humor (which for me is a big deal and very much not good).  Yesterday it finally dawned on me that I'm in dire need of a rest, even if it is just for a few days.

So tonight, I'm getting Thai food and thinning out my Netflix instant queue.  Tomorrow I'm painting and then commencing with goofing off for the remainder of the weekend.

My projects will still be there when I get back and I'll be better prepared to tackle 'em.

...it does sort of kill me that this is the first blog post in 388 days without a drawing.  So just picture one, ok?   And make it a good one because I'm certainly incapable of doing that right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment