Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 380 - Relief!

After a solid week (plus) of having really awful, unproductive, icky, stinky drawing days I finally got something going in the right direction.

I won't actually post all of what I've done this evening until I'm done done with it... I'm designing a logo/label for a corporate caterer and until it's approved and finalized I'll keep it to myself.  It's not that I don't trust you but... you know... you know?

Yesterday evening at my church life group (known to you regular readers as "those crazy people who give me all my ideas") I got yet another influx of inspiration.  The five year old daughter of friends has, like most five-year-olds, an enviable amount of imagination and creativity.  She wrote a song last week about an octopus and, in her mother's words, it is "better than anything on the radio right now."

I'd have to agree.

The song was actually about a scary octopus but I didn't want to draw Miss S here with a scary octopus. Instead... I went back a few weeks and found this guy and decided he'd do just fine.  I'll have to flip him to face the opposite direction (yay, Photoshop!) and retool a tentacle or two to relate more to the sketch below but when all is said and done I think that she'll like the drawing.

This child regularly tells me that I'm "a really, really good drawer" so she obviously has incredible taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment