Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 376 - Sarah and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

To think, my day started off so positively full of hope... "It's alright that the Steelers game isn't televised here in Columbus.  I'll just listen to it on the radio and work on my aunt's painting."

I was so young and naive when I made that statement just twelve hours ago.

As it turns out both things were train wrecks... my beloved Steelers embarrassed themselves on an international level (they played in London, today) and managed to earn an 0-4 start to their season.  My painting didn't fare any better.  By the time I'd given up working on it I wanted to hide in a deep, dark hole and never pick up a brush or pencil ever again.

My malaise lasted... well... until now and it doesn't look likely to lift during the remainder of the evening.  I think I may just retreat to the bathtub with my book and try to hide from myself for awhile.

I did manage to draw some half-hearted faces today.


No comments:

Post a Comment