Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 367 - You Had To Be There

Yesterday, Josh and I went to a barbeque restaurant for dinner.  I ordered a half slab of ribs and Josh had pulled pork on a bun with hushpuppies.  We had the following conversation when Josh started to read our receipt:

Josh:  The receipt lists our dinner as "Half Slab" and "Pork Bun".
Me: Those sound like nicknames from a silly cop movie or something.
Josh: You should draw that.
Me: I could pose them like Charlie's Angels or something. (I posed like I was holding a gun out to my side). Not a regular gun, though... what would they use instead?
Josh: A gun... (looks down at his plate)... that shoots hushpuppies!
Me: Ooooook... What does that look like?  How could I visually convey that it's not just any gun but one that shoots hushpuppies?
Josh: I have no idea.You could... ummm....write "gun that shoots hushpuppies" and draw a line pointing to the gun.
Me: YEAH!

You know those couples that you see in restaurants that never talk to each other because they've run out of things to say?  Is it evident that that is not a problem in my marriage?



No comments:

Post a Comment