Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 344 -Scrumptious Sketch

I'd like to be able to go into my pending vacation having one less thing to deal with once I get back so I decided to tackle an item on my list of commissions.

A co-worker's son has an affinity for a donut shop in Gatlinburg, Tennessee called The Donut Friar.  I was commissioned to draw their logo as a Christmas gift for him.  I've never been to Gatlinburg let alone The Donut Friar, but after only a brief Google Image Search I suddenly feel the need for a pilgrimage.  But I don't know that I can justify a six hour drive when we've got Buckeye Donuts here in Columbus.

Anyway, I'm eventually going to transfer this to a heavier paper and paint it.  I need to work on the lettering. If there's one thing I hate, one thing I dread, one thing I really, really don't enjoy at all it's lettering.  I'm awful at it.  Probably because it requires 1. patience (of which I have none) and 2. the ability/desire to adhere to a certain set of "rules" (i.e. it has to be able to be read) and I'm not a fan of rules when I draw.  "I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel."

So here's what I have so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment