Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 338 - Finally Finalizing

You may recall a few weeks back I did some color sketches for a painting that my aunt commissioned me to do.  I'm finally, finally getting around to executing the actual painting.  There is currently a 36"x48" canvas leaning against the wall in my office, mocking me with its blankity blankness.

The model for this painting comes from an interesting source.  My aunt uses Windows 7 and she likes this particular desktop pattern that comes with it.  She asked that I base her painting on that but with a different color palette and more abstract. Sure, why not?

This is my official sketch for her painting... unless I change it another eighty seven times like I've already done... but I'm pretty sure this is it... I think...





2 comments:

  1. I was reffered to your blog from a friend, and I just had to say that your work is awesome! You have inspired me to perfect my own skill and try to draw something every day. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nichole. That means a lot! I highly, highly, highly recommend drawing every day... I can't believe how much I've improved in the last 338 days. Keep at it! I have stretches of time where nothing I do is good but just getting your hand and your brain to work together is the important thing. Good luck and thanks again. :-)

      Delete