Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 335 - Sorta Dumb

My reason for today's drawing has an explanation that I don't doubt will fall squarely within "you had to be there" bounds.  So really, today's drawing is purely for the benefit of my silly friends.

Today in church our pastor said the phrase "deep emotional wells" during his message.  For whatever reason, that set off a chain reaction of giggles among our friends.  You see, our last name is Wells.  Things are always funnier when you're in a position where you can't laugh so... you get the picture.  

There was much discussion afterwards about drawing Josh and I in a state of deep emotional turmoil, etc... to quote my friend Jim, "Don't over-think it because we've already done that for you."   

Since I'm forever drawing Josh and I, I skipped that and went for a wells of the wishing variety rather than the Josh and Sarah variety.  Which brings me to the title of today's post... sorta dumb. Trying to inject emotions into a cylindrical object was an interesting choice on my part.  It's something that a veteran animator would have no problem with... but I on the other hand, am only a former student of animation and a mediocre one at that.

Ok, enough stalling... here's my "emotional wells"


No comments:

Post a Comment