Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 326 - Lil' Gamera

My "adorable Godzilla" drawing from two days ago was entirely unintentional.  I didn't set out to draw him but he just sort of happened.  I decided that he might need a friend in the form of the lesser-known but no less awesome Gamera.

By no means am I a connoisseur of Japanese movie monsters.  I am however, a huge fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and have been since I was 10 years old.  If you're not familiar with MST3k, the premise is simple:  a regular guy and his robots are stuck in space with nothing to do but watch bad movies and riff on them.  Many of these movies were Gamera-centric (in fact, they've a whole boxed set of nothing but their Gamera episodes - I own it.).  I am quite familiar with our turtley friend by way of MST3k.  I thought he might be an appropriate playmate for my Godzilla.

I have a lot of problems with this drawing so consider it in it's early stages... I like where it's headed, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment