Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 315 - Field Trip!

I haven't had a week-long vacation since April 2012 and since I'm a little over a month out from my next one I decided I needed a mental health day away from work today.

It 75 degrees, sunny with low humidity - extremely rare for Ohio's usually 90+ degree, sticky late July.  I took full advantage of the weather and went to my favorite of Columbus's parks, Inniswood Metro Gardens.

Nature drawing isn't necessarily my thing.  I've tried to figure out why that is and I think it boils down to impatience on my part.  I start drawing leaves/stems/branches/whatever and I get bored. I tried to stick with it today, anyway.  I spent more time than I normally would at my first stop mostly because there was basil growing somewhere nearby and I do so love the smell of basil.  Reminds me of my childhood and my grandmother.



Eventually, I settled in front of a little pond at the bottom of a downhill stream.  It was a lovely, quiet spot until a group of three kids and their parents showed up and the gentle babbling of water over rocks was then accompanied by the screeching of kids burning off some mid-summer steam.  I spent the majority of my time in the park today at this spot despite the noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment