Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 301 - Rough Ideas

I was still half asleep this morning when the idea for this drawing popped into my head.  It's astounding that I was able to retain that information long enough to say it out loud to Josh later over breakfast, thereby sort of assuring that I'd maybe kind of remember it.  I don't do well in the morning.

I suppose the inspiration was based on this earlier drawing that I did combined with the recent conversation I had with someone about my childhood night owl habits.  In the summer when I could sleep in, I used to stay up all night and finish one book cover to cover.  I had a group of several books that I would always reread like The Secret Garden, Little Women and A Wrinkle in Time (my favorite book, second only to Jane Eyre).  I'm a fast reader but I'd still be awake until 2:00 or 3:00 AM. 

I found this to be an amusing take-off on the whole monster-under-the-bed theme.  There's a lot wrong with this drawing that I need to correct but it's a good start, I think.  I wanted to get something down on paper before it was replaced in my head by some other form of silliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment