Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 268 - Of Coins & Creepy Comments

I deal with a fairly large number of people at work on a daily basis thus increasing the likelihood that someone will say something odd to me.  I'm good at improvising and I can think fast but sometimes a comment comes out of left field and renders me temporarily speechless. Today was one of those times.

I was given a somewhat unorthodox compliment by someone saying that I "look like a Greek goddess."  From a purely subjective point of view my appearance does not inspire worship nor do I give off an energy suggesting a divine presence.  In reality I have largish, cartoony features and I'm frequently laughing about something outlandish and not conducting myself in a fashion that might be considered graceful or ladylike.  Plus: bonus double chin!

So understandably I was a little taken aback by this comment, although flattered... and inspired! I didn't want to go the egomaniacal route and draw myself as a full blown Greek goddess because... yikes.  I did the next best thing and slapped my mug on the side of a Greek-style coin.

I'd rather be currency than canonized; rather be spent than than sanctified; rather be money than marveled at.  Ok, I'm done...


...rather be treasure than treasured... DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment