Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 266 - First In Line...

I seem to suddenly find myself in the midst of three commissions with a fourth hanging on the outskirts waiting to be made official.  All of them are for people I know who find me somewhere between likeable and tolerable so it's not THAT impressive, but you know... I'll take what I can get.

Today I started in on one of those commissions.  A dear friend of mine who has been lately wading through more than her fair share of junky life gunk asked me to do this drawing based on a sticker she used to have as a kid.  The picture on the sticker showed a girl in her pool which has just popped and all the water and toys are flooding out.  The text says simply "Praise God, Anyway". 

I've got to tweak how I've drawn the damaged part of the pool because it doesn't look quite right... oddly, it's difficult to find pictures of damaged kiddie pools in Google Image Search.


No comments:

Post a Comment