Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 240 - Happy Us Day


Today, friends, is the ninth anniversary of the day that I married my favorite person on the planet.  I knew that my drawing today had to reflect that somehow and I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out what I could do that was us.


Josh and I have been a couple for sixteen years. Much like twins, we have our own system of communication that consists of an intricately woven network of movie quotes, strange hybrid words and various other bits that we've collected, magpie-like, over the last decade and a half.  I imagine in another nine years we'll have it narrowed down to just clicks and buzzes.

So as for drawing ideas... I tossed around a lot things but in the end I kept it simple.




(Incidentally, it's also nine years since I graduated from the Columbus College of Art & Design.  Yes, I got married and graduated college on the same day.  I like to consolidate my major life events.)

1 comment:

  1. This is so, so, so like you and the Josh-man! Love it!

    ReplyDelete