Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 189 - Bothers and Bunnies

If you've ever read the "Introduction" post at the very beginning of this blog you'll have learned the reason that I started it to begin with.  I got tired of not working, of stagnating, of being rusty and watching everyone else pass me by.  By my own admission I'm far better than I was 189 days ago but I'm not where I want to be... not even close.

There's at least one day a week where I get so overwhelmed with nervous energy that I can hardly focus.  A tidal wave of "I've got to make up for lost time! I have to work MORE!" sweeps over me and comes close to paralyzing me.  This is sometimes triggered by looking at other artists' work online and (unfairly) applying a "FRAUD" label to my own forehead.

Guess what today is?! It's THAT day.

I realize I'll never be where I really want to be... I'll never get to a place where I'll suddenly say "I have reached maximum practice levels and I am no longer capable of improvement!" That particular vessel is never capable of being too full.

So all that being said... Here's a bunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment