Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 184 - No Love for Comic Sans

Comic Sans doesn't garner a lot of respect from the font-using community at large.  I once read somewhere that using Comic Sans is "like inviting a clown to a funeral."  Blogger doesn't even offer it as a text option so I can't even demonstrate it for you if you're not familiar.  If you've ever seen a printed notice/sign/memo and thought "Gee, that text looks like it should belong on a child's lemonade stand" that was probably Comic Sans.

I wondered then what Comic Sans would look like if Comic Sans were to be personified.  I pictured an overly confident nerd who things he's a lot cooler than he really is.

Disclaimer: I mean no offense to nerds as I am a card carrying, Doctor-Who-lovin', Sherlock swoonin', Monty Python quotin' nerd myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment