Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 183 - It's Kind of a Big Deal

One hundred and eighty three days ago I got so fed up with being out of practice that I decided to do something about it.  I set out to draw at least something every day.

That was six months ago and I haven't skipped a day yet. There's only a handful of people who realize what a truly huge deal this is for me and how much I've struggled in that area over the years.

In the last six months I've gotten better, faster and more confident.  I'm having fun drawing again which hasn't happened for an exceedingly long time.

I'm incredibly fortunate to have an embarrassment of riches in the form of amazing people in my life.  I have an awful lot of folks who've been cheering me on and checking in with me regularly to make sure I've still been at it... not to mention catering to my quirky self by feeding me a constant supply of equally quirky requests.

So to celebrate half a year, here's half a cake!  I suppose the second half will show up in another six months. (Here's hopin', anyway.)



No comments:

Post a Comment