Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 60 - I Can Only Blame Myself

Today's drawing requires a little back story...

You may recall that yesterday I asked my husband, Josh, to give me an idea for my drawing. "Fish Playing Football!" he said... and I made it so.  Today I asked him for another idea... he turned on me.

I need to first tell you that I'm a fan of BBC's Sherlock and of the most recent installments of the Batman movies. Not to an unhealthy extent... but I immensely enjoy both of them.  Both are well written, fantastically acted and... if I'm to be completely honest... I find both Benedict Cumberbatch and Christian Bale to be... how are the kids saying it nowadays... Dreamy? Let's go with that. Josh (being perfectly secure in the knowledge that I love him and him only - and rightfully so) teases me about this.

Which brings us to today's drawing assignment... Josh requested that I draw "Batman fist-fighting Sherlock"  Do you see what he did there?  He wanted me to draw Christian Bale punching Benedict Cumberbatch in the face (or vice versa).  Not nice.  However, I accepted the challenge and immediately set forth finding a loophole.

How could I get Sherlock to punch Batman in the face (or vice versa) without appeasing my sadistic husband?  Using the aforementioned, more modern versions of Batman and Sherlock was immediately out...  Here's what I came up with:




















Great, right?! Old school Batman... WAY old school Sherlock... and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots for the win!!!  I smirked my way through this entire drawing.

Needless to say I will not be asking my dear spouse for any ideas for awhile now because I have a feeling that David Tennant is next on the chopping block.





No comments:

Post a Comment