Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 22 - Mucha

I've previously mentioned that I really love Alphonse Mucha and art nouveau in general.  Tonight I copied another drawing out of the myriad of Mucha/Art Nouveau books that I have.  Copying things may seem sort of like a cop-out but it actually helps me because I retain quite a bit of what I've drawn and can recycle bits of it in future things.

An interesting thing I noticed tonight is HOW I'm drawing.  Normally, I'll back track my lines and dance around a shape until I find it and everything looks sketchy.  Tonight's drawing was primarily just one line... my hand knew where to take the pencil.  That's very encouraging.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I kept my hands steady despite the fact that I was listening to the Steelers game on the radio and yelling quite a bit during the drawing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment